Please DO NOT order this if you are not in the continental US, unless you contact us FIRST at email@example.com, for shipping fees. Otherwise you will be charged for the paypal fee for refunding your money.
Please consult with your Ayurvedic physician or submit the Ayurvedic determination to understand which formula is right for you. All ingredients are certified organic.
Kapha symptoms of heart disease:
Most congestive heart conditions or cardiac edema are from kapha dosha disorders. Kapha heart disease originate from overeating, and too much cholesterol, fat and mucus interfering with the heart. Symptoms of Kapha-type heart disease include:
- A feeling of heaviness and stiffness in the region of the heart
- Congestion in the chest
- Accumulation of phlegm
- Increased salivation
- Lack of appetite
- Nausea and perhaps vomiting
- Burning sensation in the region of the heart
- Fatigue and excessive sleeping
- May feel dull and lack clarity
- Greed and materialism
- An unwillingness to let things go
- This package includes: Frankincense, myrrh, arjuna, calamus, manjista and cardamom. There is a separate container of Trikatu to take before meals.
Traditional Ayurvedic Recommendations
- Kapha type heart disease is caused by the development of high cholesterol through a Kapha-increasing diet. Drink fenugreek tea to lower cholesterol http://www.naturalexis.com/fenugreek_uses_and_benefits_12_health_benefits_of_fenugreek.html
- Follow the anti-kapha diet included in package. Avoid sugar, dairy, cheese, butter, eggs, fatty meats, lard and salt. Draksha herbal wine may be taken.
- Avoid vitamins A, D and E.
- A ruby or garnet set in gold may be worn on the right ring finger. Ayurveda doctors say that this strengthen the heart.
- Avoid licorice. It increases cardiac edema.
- Apply camphor, mustard or cinnamon oil to the chest.
- Chanting of OM may be helpful for its clearing and opening action.
- Cayenne is used by western herbalists for reviving the heart after attacks. It is better not to take cayenne on an empty stomach.
Ancient Indian physicians have used the powdered tree bark of Terminalia Arjuna for treating angina and other cardiovascular conditions successfully for thousands of years. Several substances in arjuna herb have very strong antioxidant benefits. Its stem bark possesses glycosides, large quantities of flavonoids, tannins and minerals. Flavonoids have been detected to exert antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and lipid lowering effects while glycosides are cardiotonic, thus making Terminalia arjuna unique among currently used medicinal plants. In rodent studies these antioxidants protect heart tissue from damage. Compounds in Arjuna may also help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Effect of Terminalia arjuna extract on adriamycin-induced DNA damage.
Phytother Res. 2008. “The effect of a bark extract was studied on the alteration of adriamycin induced micronuclei formation in cultured human peripheral blood lymphocytes. Exposure of lymphocytes to adriamycin resulted in a dose-dependent increase in the micronuclei formation indicating DNA damage. Pretreatment of lymphocytes with bark extract of Terminalia arjuna before adriamycin treatment resulted in a significant decline in micronuclei formation. Our results demonstrate that bark extract of Terminalia arjuna protects DNA against adriamicin-induced damage”.
“Experimental studies have revealed the bark of arjuna to exert inotropic and hypotensive effect, increasing coronary artery flow and protecting cardiac tissue against ischemic damage. Arjuna herb has also been detected to have mild diuretic, blood thinning, prostaglandin E(2) enhancing and blood lipid lowering activity. This herb has been studied in patients with angina. Arjuna dilates blood vessels, even in cigarette smokers”.
Catecholamine-induced myocardial fibrosis and oxidative stress is attenuated by Terminalia arjuna (Roxb.).
J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009; Kumar S, Enjamoori R, Seth S, Maulik SK. Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
“Myocardial fibrosis and oxidative stress accompany a number of cardiac disorders such as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, hypertensive heart disease and cardiac failure. Stem bark of Terminalia arjuna has been advocated for cardiac ailments. The present study evaluated the effects of T. arjuna bark extract on myocardial fibrosis and oxidative stress induced by chronic beta-adrenoceptor stimulation.T. arjuna protects against myocardial changes induced by chronic beta-adrenoceptor stimulation”.
“Arjuna powder had significant antioxidant action that is comparable to vitamin E. In addition, it also has a significant effect at preventing cholesterol”. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11225136
“Arjuna is more effective in angina than nitroglycerin, the standard medicine”, (Secrets to Lowering Cholesterol with Nutrition and Natural Suppleme