96 vegetable capsules of Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus) and Aindri (Bacopa Monnieri)
These two herbs are used in Ayurveda to promote intellec, nerve strengthening and good digestion. This is often selling for a dollar a seed in the US. Because we have bought this in bulk from our supplier in India and shipped the fresh seeds, we can offer it at a more reasonable price.
Jyothishmati seeds are used to alleviate cognitive issues and promote intestinal health. Jyotishmati is used in Ayurveda as a bitter digestive tonic and to enlighten the mind. The fruits and seeds are used in health supplements today to support cardiovascular and mental function.
Extracts from the plant are also believed to have anti-arthritic, wound healing, hypolipidemic, and antioxidant activity (2).
Other traditional therapeutic uses include:
- To improve intelligence
- To balance Vata and Kapha
- To improve digestion
- To improve memory
- To relieve constipation
- To help with anemia and liver disorders
- As a cardiac tonic
WHAT DOES SCIENCE TELL US?
- Jyotishmati seed extract possesses significant antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activity (2).
- Celastrus paniculatus seed oil was the most effective in preventing neuronal cells against H(2)O(2)- and glutamate-induced toxicities. Thus, in addition to free-radical scavenging attributes, the mechanism of CP seed component (CP-C) neuroprotection must be elucidated (9).
- The aqueous extract of Celastrus paniculatus seeds has cognitive-enhancing properties that may be due to an antioxidant effect (10).
- Celastrus paniculatus extract seems to exert a powerful myogenic and L-type Ca(2+)-dependent relaxing effect. This could explain the traditional use of this herb in the treatment of intestinal spasms (11).
This review synthesizes behavioral research with neuromolecular mechanisms putatively involved with the low-toxicity cognitive enhancing action of Bacopa monnieri (BM), a medicinal Ayurvedic herb. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746283/