Vata Heart organic: 96 capsules
Please DO NOT order this if you are not in the continental US, unless you contact us FIRST at firstname.lastname@example.org, for shipping fees. Otherwise you will be charged for the paypal fee for refunding your money.
This package contains capsules of organic: Dashamoola, ashwagandha, arjuna, brahmi, cinnamon, cardamom, guggul, hawthorn berries, and astragalus. The Ayurvedic diet for this imbalance is included.
Please consult with your Ayurvedic physician or submit the Ayurvedic determination to understand which formula is right for you unless you already understand your prakriti and vakriti. You can also ascertain this on this page of the site https://www.curanderahealing.com/store/p144/Ayurvedic_Determination.html. Ayurvedic therapies are specific to the individual. All ingredients are certified organic.
Vata symptoms of heart disease:
Most nervous heart conditions are Vata in nature. Heart disease in the Vata dosha is caused by the drying of body tissue and by hardening of the blood vessels. This is seen commonly in the elderly. The symptoms of Vata-type heart disease include:
- Palpitations, tremor in the heart
- Numbness, tightness in the chest
- Throbbing, breaking or bursting pain in the heart region
- Dry cough
- Labored breathing
- Fear and restlessness
- Dark discoloration around the eyes
- Dark patches on the skin
- The individual becomes intolerant of noise and loud speech
- Heart problems will follow stress, overwork or excessive exercise
- Restlessness, fear, fright, anxiety and sometimes fainting may manifest
For a vata provoked individual with hypertension and chronic heart disease, Ashwagandha and Dashamoola will pacify vata, alleviate stress and lower blood pressure, while Brahmi will help to regulate heart rate. Adopting the anti-Vata diet is important.
Ancient Indian physicians have used the powdered tree bark of Terminalia Arjuna for treating angina and other cardiovascular conditions successfully for thousands of years. Several substances in arjuna herb have very strong antioxidant benefits. Its stem bark possesses glycosides, large quantities of flavonoids, tannins and minerals. Flavonoids have been detected to exert antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and lipid lowering effects while glycosides are cardiotonic, thus making Terminalia arjuna unique among currently used medicinal plants. In rodent studies these antioxidants protect heart tissue from damage. Compounds in Arjuna may also help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Effect of Terminalia arjuna extract on adriamycin-induced DNA damage.
Phytother Res. 2008. “The effect of a bark extract was studied on the alteration of adriamycin induced micronuclei formation in cultured human peripheral blood lymphocytes. Exposure of lymphocytes to adriamycin resulted in a dose-dependent increase in the micronuclei formation indicating DNA damage. Pretreatment of lymphocytes with bark extract of Terminalia arjuna before adriamycin treatment resulted in a significant decline in micronuclei formation. Our results demonstrate that bark extract of Terminalia arjuna protects DNA against adriamicin-induced damage”.
“Experimental studies have revealed the bark of arjuna to exert inotropic and hypotensive effect, increasing coronary artery flow and protecting cardiac tissue against ischemic damage. Arjuna herb has also been detected to have mild diuretic, blood thinning, prostaglandin E(2) enhancing and blood lipid lowering activity. This herb has been studied in patients with angina. Arjuna dilates blood vessels, even in cigarette smokers”.
Catecholamine-induced myocardial fibrosis and oxidative stress is attenuated by Terminalia arjuna (Roxb.).
J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009; Kumar S, Enjamoori R, Seth S, Maulik SK. Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
“Myocardial fibrosis and oxidative stress accompany a number of cardiac disorders such as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, hypertensive heart disease and cardiac failure. Stem bark of Terminalia arjuna has been advocated for cardiac ailments. The present study evaluated the effects of T. arjuna bark extract on myocardial fibrosis and oxidative stress induced by chronic beta-adrenoceptor stimulation.T. arjuna protects against myocardial changes induced by chronic beta-adrenoceptor stimulation”.
“Arjuna powder had significant antioxidant action that is comparable to vitamin E. In addition, it also has a significant effect at preventing cholesterol”. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11225136
“Arjuna is more effective in angina than nitroglycerin, the standard medicine”, (Secrets to Lowering Cholesterol with Nutrition and Natural Supplements. Art T Dash, Dr, PhD, page 61.)
- Traditional Ayurvedic Recommendations for Vata Heart ImbalanceWear a ruby or garnet set in gold on the right ring finger in order to strengthen the heart.
- Drinking a small amount of red wine, organic apple cider vinegar or Ayurvedic herbal wine, before meals is helpful.
- Get plenty of rest, relax, be quiet, spend time in nature, meditate and do sitting yoga postures.
- Sandalwood oil can be applied to the forehead or chest when palpitations or pain occur.
- The mantra SHAM is good to help calm the heart.
- The mantra RAM can be used to strengthen the heart.
- Do not take any spirolina.
- Additional help: As long as the blood sugar is not significantly elevated, one can also use Chyavanprash. For those who have high cholesterol drinking a tea of fenugreek seeds or taking triphala is also beneficial. Do not eat spicy foods, cooked oils or sugar.