- Buy Plant Medicine
- Uterine Fibroids
1. Women’s Hormone Balancing powder ½ tsp a day.
2. Triphala churnam ½ tsp. with look warm water at bed time.
3. Manjistha and Ashoka ½ tsp. a day
Ayurvedic treatment for Uterine Fibroids
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous (benign) tumors that develop in the womb. The uterine fibroids are also known as leiomyomas or myomas. They are normally benign growths of the muscle inside the uterus of women. These fibroids vary in size, position and number and thus, cause uterine enlargment. Fibroids can be correlated to 'mamsa arbuda', meaning abnormal growth in muscles and the connective tissues of the uterus. This abnormal growth generates excessive bleeding, and can be treated on lines of 'Yoni vyapad' or disorder in the female reproductive system.
The uterine fibroids normally fall in the category of kaphaja disorder, but it can also be caused by vata and pitta abnormalities. Thus, any treatment suggested, must be able to balance the tri-doshas and be sufficiently sustained over time to eradicate slow-moving kapha.
Types of Fibroid:
Fibroids are described by their location in the uterus: Subserosal fibroids- Fibroid that develops on the outside of the uterus
· Submucosal fibroids- Fibroids that develops under the surface of the uterine lining
· Myometrial fibroid-Fibroid that grows in the muscle wall of the uterus
· Pendunculated fibroid- Fibroids that occur on a long stalk on the outside of the uterus or inside the cavity of the uterus.
· Experiencing excessive abdominal pressure
· Frequent urination
· Lower back pain
· Enlargement of the uterus
· Bleeding within periods
· Pelvic cramping or pain with periods
· Pain during intercourse
The cause of uterine fibroids is unknown. However, their growth has been linked to the hormone estrogen. Other factors may include:
· Sex during menses
· Low thyroid function
· Accumulation of ama
· Suppression of urge for urination, or flatulence
· Hidden sense of grief and sadness associated with issues of maternity and conception
· Kapha kara Ahara and Vihara (Food and life style that causes an increase in kapha)Uterine fibroids are noncancerous muscle growths within the walls of the uterus. Endometrial polyps are abnormal tissue growths within the endometrium, the inner lining of the uterus. Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs on one or both ovaries that usually form during ovulation.