Healthy Kapha is an herbal powder formulated specifically to balance kapha dosha. Not recommended during pregnancy.
Contains organic: Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Holy Basil leaf (Ocimum sanctum), Bibitaki fruit (Terminalia belerica), Chitrak root (Plumbago zeylanica), Bhumymalaki herb (Phyllanthus amarus), Ginger root (Zingiber officinale), Pippali fruit (Piper longum).
Add ½ teaspoon of powder into half a cup (4oz) of hot water with a squeeze of lemon before breakfast and before going to bed, or as directed by your health practitioner.
" Benefits of Punarnava
- The various formulations of Punarnava showed diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The decoction of Punarnava root is used as an analgesic, used to treat coughs, depressants for CNS, laxative, and in inducing abortion.
- Punarnava has been very useful in treating the patients suffering from nephrotic syndrome; the mechanism involved shows the increased serum protein level, followed by a reduction in urinary protein extraction.
- The leaves of Punarnava have been used in vegetable preparations, which tends to show a reduction in edema.
- No doubt about the Punarnava, which is majorly known for its anti-endemic property, but it also has a potential cardioprotective action due to which it protects the damage of the heart.
- Punarnava is nephroprotective; it improves kidney function by reducing the urea and creatinine levels in the blood. In addition to this, due to its lithotriptic action, it further helps to reduce kidney stone problems.
- Punarnava reduces bilirubin level to prevent jaundice.
- Punarnava is beneficial in maintaining blood sugar levels. The mechanism involves reducing the starch breakdown into glucose and thereby preventing the reduction of blood sugar.
- The bioactive compounds present in the extracts of Punarnava help prevent body weight gain and it helps reduce the cholesterol level in the blood.
- Due to a mild laxative property of Punarnava is a mild laxative; it helps in flushing out toxins from the body without the loss of essential nutrients and minerals.
- The administration of Punarnava powder helps in electrolytic balancing of ions in the plasma, which controls the movement of water between cells and their surroundings."
"The main causative factor for CRF in this study was hypertension; 86% patients were found in this group. 7% patients were having chronic nephritis and 5% were having polycystic kidney disease. Only 2% of the patients were found with obstructive nephropathy [Table 1]. Serum creatinine reduced by 20.71% and it was statistically highly significant. Blood urea reduced by 32.15% and it was also statistically highly significant. Albuminuria reduced by 36.70% and this was statistically highly significant.Hemoglobin increased by 4.65% and this was statistically highly significant [Table 2]. None of the patients had shown any new and unusual feature. Urine output increased by 56.54% and it was statistically highly significant. Out of 100 patients, edema was reported by 58 patients and it reduced by 71.56%. .."https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3361922/