Chyavanprash, Ayurvedic Tonic, cert. organic
Please DO NOT order this if you are not in the continental US, unless you contact us FIRST at email@example.com, for shipping fees. Otherwise you will be charged for the paypal fee for refunding your money.
Chyavanprash is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal jam made in a base of amalaki fruit, a rich source of antioxidants. It is a paste with the consistency of jam and a sweet/sour/spicy taste. Think of Chyavanprash as the “multiple vitamin” of Ayurveda It can be eaten directly off of a spoon or mixed in warm milk or water. It can be used like any other jam; spread onto crackers or bread. An excellent rejuvenative, it nourishes and strengthens the body, providing energy and vitality.
9.4 ounces of all organic ingredients: Unfiltered raw honey, Ghee, Amla, turbinado sugar, Ashwagandha, Fennel seed, Haritaki, Bibitaki, Piper longum, Vidari khanda, Gokshura, Shatavari, Guduchi, Musta, Bhumyamalaki, Cardamon, Black pepper, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sea salt.
A tonic for both young and old, Chyavanprash promotes digestion and metabolism while supporting the body’s natural defenses. It is beneficial for all constitutional types.In India it has been used for lung diseases and even tuberculosis, also to keep a full head of hair. This remedy is also used in India for people diagnosed with AIDS. 'Chyavanprash is most useful and most popular rejuvenator tonic(Rasayana) of Ayurveda.
This is an Ayurvedic herbal formula which increases ojas, and restores the digestive, eliminative, respiratory and sexual systems. It is frequently employed in wasting conditions where it has been clinically shown to improve health and assist with weight gain.
May not be beneficial (as it has sweetener) for diabetics. (Diabetics might consider Ashitaba or He Shou Wu below) 100% organic Four ounces
Here are just a few of the key organic ingredients I recommend be included in a healthy Chyawanprash formula…
- Amalaki – is renowned for its rich antioxidant content and for its very high concentration of vitamin C – one of the highest known in the plant kingdom. The vitamin C contained in the amalaki fruit is stabilized by the presence of tannins, which help to preserve the vitamin content, even through processing. This is particularly relevant in a preparation such as chyawanprash, which requires extensive cooking
- Cardamom – From the ginger family, this herb helps strengthen and ease your normal digestive processes and helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range*
- Cinnamon – Promotes healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range as well as supporting your blood vitality, cardiovascular system, and digestive system*
- Ghee – A form of clarified butter that’s a good source of beta carotene and vitamin E. Aids in nutrient absorption and helps protect the nervous system against oxidative stress*
- Honey – Raw, organic honey not only adds benefits such as increased energy and free radical busting antioxidants, but also adds flavor.
- You might also enjoy reading these recent studies on Chyvanprash. This one concludes that the beneficial effects of Chyvanprash outweigh the effects of taking vitamin C http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11211574
This study shows detailed analysis of how the pathogenesis of allergic rhinitis is mediated by the immune system and supported by Chyvanprash. http://www.theglobaljournals.com/ijar/file.php?val=March_2014_1394790367_a111e_61.pdf
These researchers gave Chyvanprash to tobacco smokers to compare chromosomal aberrations between them and a control group of smokers. http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Journals/IJHG/IJHG-03-0-000-000-2003-Web/IJHG-03-1-001-067-2003-Abst-PDF/IJHG-03-1-033-038-2003-Yadav/IJHG-03-1-033-038-2003-Yadav.pdf
Another study found antiamnesiac effects on mice administered Chyvanprash. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/898593/
Compare with Maharishi Chyavanprash http://www.naturetherapy.com/maharishiayurveda/maharishiayurvedachyavanprash.html
"The products and statements made about specific products on this web site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information provided on this web site or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new vitamins, supplements, diet, or exercise program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Any testimonials on this web site are based on individual results and do not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results."